Senior Backend Developer - Ruby on Rails
Learn about knok
We are looking for a Senior Backend Developer to create systems that integrate Data and the interface of Augmented Telemedicine together, in an authenticated, reliable, and feasible way. If this makes sense, keep reading!
As a Senior Backend Developer, you will:
- Analyse requirements provided by the team's Product Manager and implement them;
- Implement APIs, using Ruby on Rails framework;
- Write unit tests;
- Create and maintain technical documentation;
- Work on automated tools to improve the development process;
- Look for problems and inefficiencies in code and find elegant solutions to them before they become major blockers.
To be considered for this role, here are the skills we’re looking for:
- Experience with Ruby On Rails;
- Experience with PostgreSQL, or other Database Systems;
- Ability to build production-ready REST API’s;
- Experience with RSpec (MiniTest would also be considered);
- Experience working with backend teams;
- Fluency in English, spoken and written;
- Great team working skills, with the ability to share constant knowledge.
- Ability to analyse the big picture and detect how it will affect other aspects of the product and how it will evolve in the future;
- Good communication skills to interact with different stakeholders among internal teams.
Extra credit if you have:
- Experience integrating with external systems;
- Experience with Grape library;
- Redis and Sidekiq Experience;
- You maintain or contribute to an open-source library;
- Experience working with microservices;
- Experience with Sinatra;
- DevOps knowledge;
- Knowledge of possible performance improvements both on the application and database sides.