Head of Product Development
ohne is the world's first membership for menstrual care, providing the products, support and community for people who bleed. We exist to ensure every person that bleeds has the resources they need to have full autonomy over their entire cycle. ohne launched with a DTC focus, becoming a Techstars alumni company in ’19 and shipping over 1.5 million products in this time. Backed by global venture funds, the last 12 months have seen over 100% revenue growth. With a small portfolio of unique cycle care products, we are looking for someone exceptional to lead our product development, making ohne to become the one-stop-shop for all things cycle care.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll be responsible for the development and production of all ohne products and packaging, including our line of period pants, cycle and period care products as well as packaging.
- You’ll lead and manage the development of these new products from concept to launch; generating innovative product ideas, working with consultants and specialist designers in each field, building relationships with manufacturers, assessing product market fit, conducting customer trials and gaining consumer feedback post launch.
- You’ll be continuously striving for product improvement, cost optimisation and always opting for the most sustainable methods of production, whilst navigating the high-paced delivery demands.
- You’ll build structure around the whole NPD process and develop documentation to assist with product launches.
- You’ll collaborate with the founders and leadership team within ohne in order to drive the development roadmap, whilst working closely with the design, operations and finance teams to ensure effective execution.
You have 5+ years of Product Development/ Production experience
You have the ability to manage multiple priorities and work successfully at pace in a fast changing environment.
You have an eye for tiny details, whilst also having the ability to conceptualise the larger picture.
You know the market, understand it’s trends and are always 10 steps ahead of the game.
You are not hesitant to get hands-on and work in day-to-day operations to accomplish your goals.
Ideally, you have expertise in either intimates or technical apparel development, raw materials and production.
You thrive in a fast-paced work environment and love the start-up chaos. You have the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and aggressive development timelines. You’ve got grit (without the ego) and are willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done. You’re passionate about our space and sustainability.
Your communication skills are on fire, where you love working cross functionally within the team whilst also building relationships with external contractors, suppliers and manufacturers.
A competitive salary + potential equity deal (we’re going big we’d love you to see the benefits of ownership too)
Unlimited holidays on top of your 28 days off – hard work requires recharge time, and we’re flexible about how much you take (as long as it’s more than 28 days!) and when. We also enforce a company wide holiday day off once every month.
Wellness package – budget for you to spend on you, every month.
Work locations – we are open to global applications. We have a hub in Portugal and in London so ideally come and join us in one of these locations - of course for the right candidate remote is great too.
Flexible work, both times and remote work – we know that commuting during rush hour sucks wherever you are, and we know that every now and again, gaining some vitamin D whilst you work from a sun terrace is needed, and we’re all for it. You can move around as much as you like.
Work policies that actually care about you as an individual and have your best interests at their core.
Team Trips (COVID allowing)
Working alongside a team of young, passionate people who encourage, support and nurture one another.
Still here? Next steps:
Send us an email at [email hidden] and please include the role you are applying for in the subject line.
A 2 minute video – we want to know a little more about you. Tell us who you are, where you’re based, what you love, and why you’re the best person for this role. Upload wherever you feel comfortable (Drive, private YouTube etc) and send us the link.
ohne is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We’re passionate about building strong, diverse teams built from different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities and perspectives, and are committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.