Warehouse HR and Training Manager
- Thrift+ (www.thrift.plus) is a new way to re-sell and shop second-hand clothes. Our ‘ThriftBag’ service is the most convenient, transparent, and rewarding way to re-sell your second-hand clothes.
- The Thrift+ mission is to accelerate the transition to a circular economy by tackling one of the biggest environmental pollutants: the creation and destruction of clothing, which currently accounts for ~10% of global emissions. By offering a better way to shop and re-sell second-hand clothes, we will enable consumers to shop more consciously.
- Generating money for charity at the same time, Thrift+ has currently raised over £1,500,000 for charities all over the UK.
About the Role
- Thrift+ is growing with more sellers, buyers and new retailer partners and so is growing its warehouse team.
- Thrift+ is strengthening its warehouse management team and this HR and Training Manager role is key to providing support for the team and managers to give a great product, process and culture.
- The HR and Training Manager will report to the General Manager and work closely with the operational managers and supporting staff.
- This role will be based onsite at Thrift+’s warehouse at Market Harborough - Airfield Business Park - LE16 7WB.
Objectives of this Role
- Engagement - build a happy, engaged, productive culture within the Thrift+ team and specifically in the warehouse team.
- Growth - enable growth of the warehouse team to handle increased volumes and new products
- Quality - enable Thrift+ to develop its quality of both output and processes.
- Compliance - ensure Thrift+ is compliant with relevant regulations and best practices, developing these over time.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Hiring - support the administration and operation of recruitment. Ensure suitable job descriptions, advertising, offers and feedback.
- Interviewing - support candidates and managers in interviews. Ensure suitable interview processes, questions and develop these over time.
- Inboarding - manage the onboarding process including contracts, policies, signing, equipment, first day and first week reviews.
- Culture and Engagement - be the advocate of the Thrift+ culture at the Warehouse, bringing your energy and enthusiasm to the team. Operate pulse surveys, events and
- Training - support the development and delivery of training for different levels of the team (from processes to leading teams to management),
- Management - support employees, workers and managers by hearing and resolving grievances, training managers to coach and discipline employees, and counselling employees and managers. Maintain the relevant records in Thrift+’s HR systems
- Policies - prepare, update and develop human resource policies, procedures and guidance to ensure compliance with best practice and relevant regulations
- Handle confidential matters with discretion
- Any other tasks reasonably requested by the Company from time to time
Skills and Qualifications
- Suitable experience in human resources or recruitment
- Exceptional communication skills, writing skills, interpersonal skills, and ethical mindset
- Adept to problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Extensive knowledge of HR policies and systems
● 20% online discount on Thrift+’s website
● 28 days annual leave + Bank holidays
At Thrift+, we want to work alongside people of all backgrounds because we understand the power and importance of diversity. Equal opportunity, inclusivity and diversity are celebrated here. This means we treat people fairly, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.